Here’s a way to get some truth, at last, about the assassination of Martin Luther King–who,
a lot of solid evidence suggests, was killed by several of the same players who had pulled off the murder of JFK six years before.
There is no time to lose. If we don’t get the Martin Luther King Records Act passed right away,
the FBI will have a shredding party, and destroy files that must be publicized as soon as possible.
Why? Because, as Thom Hartmann and Lamar Waldron point out here, some of those same
elements that brought down King and Kennedy are rampant once again, and may well have
some plans that hark back to their disastrous work decades ago.
And here’s another point the authors make–and one far too important to leave buried in this
piece now up on Common Dreams: There are still “well over one million CIA records,” pertaining
to the JFK assassination, that the Agency has doggedly refused to publicize in violation of the law,
i.e., the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Act (known as the JFK Act), which
Congress passed in 1992.
There’s been a lawsuit over this intransigence, which has dragged on and on as the CIA has fought
it tooth and nail. And, as ever, Pres. Obama has done nothing to urge their compliance, even
though he’s claimed to champion “transparency” in government. In fact, he’s made it clear that
he will not make those gigantic bureaucratic powers come clean on any subject. As the Boston
Globe reported last November, he “will maintain a lid of secrecy on millions on pages of military
and intelligence documents that were scheduled to be declassified by the end of the year”
So let’s push back against all that, by calling, loudly, for the rapid passage of the Martin Luther
King Records Act (which, as noted here, is a much stronger piece of legislation that the JFK Act).
If you scroll down to the penultimate paragraph in Waldron/Hartmann’s piece, you’ll find out
how to join the effort to get Congress to do this right thing.
Threats, Violence Against Congress Show Urgent
Need for King Records Act
by Thom Hartmann and Lamar Waldron
Sunday, April 4, 2010 marked the forty-second anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King.
The recent spate of violence and threats directed at members of Congress evoke all too well the tumult
of the 1960s. Seeing a hero of the Civil Rights movement like Rep. John Lewis (D-Georgia) facing an
angry gauntlet of protestors–some using the N-word–as he left the Capitol brought back memories of
similar scenes from the 1960s, when Rep. Lewis worked with Martin Luther King.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.