The senator’s civility, and good judgement vis-a-vis Fox News, are especially praiseworthy
at this Weimar-like moment of far-rightist virulence (and liberal timidity). The news of Coburn’s statements comes amid such news as this:
A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill
Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform.
Court documents say federal agents arrested Charles Alan Wilson in
Yakima on Tuesday. An FBI agent’s probable cause statement says Murray’s
office in Seattle reported the threats, which were left on voice mail
from a blocked telephone number. Agents say they traced the calls to
Wilson’s home in Selah, near Yakima.
Tom Coburn Defends Nancy Pelosi, Criticizes Fox News
First Posted: 04- 6-10 11:05 AM | Updated: 04- 6-10 11:08 AM
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not been getting a lot of praise from
Republicans lately, especially after she helped shepherd the passage of
health care reform bill.
But in a recent town hall meeting Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) offered some
kind words for her, saying “she’s a nice lady.” Coburn added that
although he and the Speaker differ on policy issues, she’s a “good
Perhaps even more stunning than Coburn’s conciliatory words for Pelosi
was his criticism of Fox News.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.