The senator’s civility, and good judgement vis-a-vis Fox News, are especially praiseworthy
at this Weimar-like moment of far-rightist virulence (and liberal timidity). The news of Coburn’s statements comes amid such news as this:
A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill
Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform.
Court documents say federal agents arrested Charles Alan Wilson in
Yakima on Tuesday. An FBI agent’s probable cause statement says Murray’s
office in Seattle reported the threats, which were left on voice mail
from a blocked telephone number. Agents say they traced the calls to
Wilson’s home in Selah, near Yakima.
Tom Coburn Defends Nancy Pelosi, Criticizes Fox News
First Posted: 04- 6-10 11:05 AM | Updated: 04- 6-10 11:08 AM
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not been getting a lot of praise from
Republicans lately, especially after she helped shepherd the passage of
health care reform bill.
But in a recent town hall meeting Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) offered some
kind words for her, saying “she’s a nice lady.” Coburn added that
although he and the Speaker differ on policy issues, she’s a “good
Perhaps even more stunning than Coburn’s conciliatory words for Pelosi
was his criticism of Fox News.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.