Via Steve Brant:
As many of you may know, the catastrophic explosion that caused an oil spill from a BP
offshore drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico has reached the shoreline early Friday morning.
The leak is currently releasing 5,000 barrels of oil per day, and efforts to manage the spill
with controlled burning, dispersal and plugging the leak were unsuccessful Thursday. This
oil spill is on track to become the worst oil spill in history, surpassing the damage done by
the Exxon Valdez tanker that spilled 11 million gallons of oil into the ecologically sensitive
Prince William Sound in 1989. Unlike the Exxon Valdez tragedy, in which a tanker held a
finite capacity of oil, BP’s rig is tapped into an underwater oil well and could pump more oil
into the ocean indefinitely until the leak is plugged.
But we need your reports, too. If you have photos, videos, please upload them here:
If you have ground reports, reply to this email.
Ground reports can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.