From C. Clark Kissinger:
In February, 2010, prison officials at California’s Pelican Bay State Prison declared that Revolution newspaper was banned from their institution. It appears that issues of the newspaper dating as far back as October 2009 were confiscated, leading up to the outright ban. The first issues confiscated last fall announced a special issue, Revolution 183 on prisons and prisoners, “From the Hellholes of Incarceration to a Future of Emancipation.”
As one prisoner wrote: “Everyone I’ve managed to share issue 183 of Revolution newspaper with had positive feedback. You understand this place is a dungeon where we communicate through solid steel doors with plexiglass slits …. everyone’s thrilled to know someone out there has an inkling what we’re forced to go through for years and even decades…and actually cares.”
Over the years, many a prisoner has been transformed into a revolutionary. Before the ban, over 45 prisoners at Pelican Bay were receiving the paper and sharing it with many more.
Attached is a statement from the Prisoners Revolutionary Literature Fund that describes the battle to keep books and papers going to those this system has put behind bars. It describes what you can do to help keep open the political lifeline to prisoners.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.