Department of Energy Sued Over Bechtel Contract Data
Small business advocate
On Tuesday, April 20, the American Small Business League (ASBL) filed suit against the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in U.S. District Court, Northern District of California. The suit was filed under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The DOE is refusing to release information about a $3.6 billion contract that was awarded to Bechtel, which listed the giant contractor as a small business under the socio-economic field. (http://www.asbl.com/documents/20100420_doe_bechtel.pdf)
Since 2003, over a dozen federal investigations have found fraud and abuse leading to the diversion of billions of dollars a month in federal small business contracts to corporate giants.
The ASBL is attempting to gather information in accordance with these federal investigations that would once again provide evidence of fraud; and refute government claims that the problem is the result of miscoding, computer glitches, and honest mistakes. (http://www.asbl.com/documentlibrary.html) Attorneys from the ASBL believe federal contracting officials, and possibly even employees of prime contractors could be sentenced to 10 years in prison for violating section 16(D) of the Small Business Act.
3 Comments to “Bechtel is a “small business”? DoE says “yes” (and gets sued for it)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.