Palast is quite right: Arizona’s heinous immigration law is not just a spontaneous burst
of bigotry, but an early move to help the GOP there steal the next election.
Let’s talk about Jan Brewer, the governor who, not surprisingly, signed this bill into law.
When she was secretary of state, she also served as chairperson of Bush/Cheney’s
“re-election” campaign in Arizona–just like Ken Blackwell in Ohio that same year,
and Florida’s Katherine Harris four years earlier. Although nobody mentioned it, because
the serial election theft in Arizona hadn’t (and still hasn’t) ever been reported by the national
media, such overt partisan commitment was as inappropriate in her case as it was in
Harris/Blackwell’s. Like those two, she’s an ardent partisan–and Christianist–who
will do anything to “win”
And so we also need to say something about our president–who’s actually the one
responsible for Brewer’s sitting in the governor’s chair. Let’s remember that she wasn’t
voted into that position, but slid up into it when then-governor Janet Napolitano was
appointed by Obama to run the Department of Homeland Security. It was yet another
indication of his utter cluelessness, and/or indifference, re: the little matter of the GOP’s
strong penchant for election fraud. (I wrote about it at the time–and yet, amazingly
enough, Obama picked Napolitano anyway!)
So it is not too early to prepare ourselves for a big win by AZ’s Republicans this fall!
Behind the Arizona Immigration Law:GOP Game to Swipe the November Election
Our investigation in Arizona discovered the real intent of the show-me-your-papers law.
by Greg Palast for Truthout.org
[Phoenix, AZ.] Don’t be fooled. The way the media plays the story, it was a wave of racist, anti-immigrant hysteria that moved Arizona Republicans to pass a sick little law, signed last week, requiring every person in the state to carry papers proving they are US citizens.
I don’t buy it. Anti-Hispanic hysteria has always been as much a part of Arizona as the Saguaro cactus and excessive air-conditioning.
What’s new here is not the politicians’ fear of a xenophobic “Teabag” uprising.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.