I’m an independent journalist and I live right by Walter Reed Medical Center in NW Washington, DC. Walter Reed is being relocated and the campus is being given over to the GSA, State Dept, and District gov’t.
The District has been holding a few community meetings. I went to the last one, and asked about the nuclear reactor on the campus (it had been buried in a WPost story). They said that it was decommissioned in 2002, and that the building that housed it has been given a clean bill of health. (Interestingly, it is Bldg 40, the one building on the site that is in private hands thanks to a 50-year lease).
Also, the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology is located on the Walter Reed campus and I’ve heard that they test anthrax and just about everything else. I’m curious to learn how they dispose of those samples. The chair of the local elected body (the Advisory Neighborhood Commission) requested that an independent soil analysis be done prior to the District building anything, but that didn’t go over too well with District officials.
Later he explained to me that, 7 or 8 years ago, men in orange jumpsuits were swarming all over the Walter Reed campus and the community never received any explanation of what was going on.
At the moment, it looks like I’m getting stonewalled by both Walter Reed and the District. If you know of anyone who might have some expertise in these areas, I’d love to get in touch with them, as this is all new to me.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.