From a friend:
In case you didn’t catch this:
“Are you saying that (Mexican President Felipe) Calderon has expressed an openness toward a uniformed, U.S. military presence within Mexico?”
“Yes,” [Homeland Security Secretary Janet] Napolitano [replied].
Troop levels and “los raids” (as they’re being obliquely referred to in the Press) have just jumped
in Mexico City. What I heard today: “The security of Mexico is now in the hands of the United States.”
This would seem to be what started in Cuidad Juarez.
U.S. Military Doing ‘Limited’ Drug War Work In Mexico, Napolitano Says
“Our military, in certain limited ways, has been working with the Mexican military in their efforts against the drug cartels” inside Mexico, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told NPR’s Robert Siegel this morning. Her comments were among the most extensive to date from a U.S. official about the U.S. military’s role in the drug war raging across the border.
During a conversation about the visit to Mexico yesterday by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Defense Secretary Robert Gates, Napolitano and other top U.S. officials, Robert asked “is there any role, any potential role, for the U.S. military south of the border in Mexico?’
Napolitano said that since Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen were among those in the delegation that went to Mexico yesterday, “you can deduce from that that there are discussions about the proper role for our military.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.