From Meryl Nass:
After the FBI closed its case in February, Rep Rush Holt (D-NJ) called for
an investigation, and Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD) cosponsored it, in the form
of an amendment to an intelligence authorization bill that contained strong
new provisions for Congressional oversight of the intelligence community.
The bill passed the House on February 26, as did the amendment requesting
the Director of National Intelligence to investigate the anthrax letters case.
Holt then wrote to the chairs of four relevant House committees asking for
an additional Congressional investigation into the anthrax letters case and the
FBI’s handling of it. (The letter is linked to my blog.) The committees were
the Select Intelligence, Homeland Security, Government Reform and Judiciary
On Monday, March 15, Peter Orszag, Director of the Office of Management
and Budget, wrote to members of the Congressional intelligence committees
regarding the intelligence bill passed by the House. The administration, he said,
wanted it changed considerably–i.e., emasculated. One of the changes asked
for was stopping any more investigation of Amerithrax.
Because the anthrax letters were a direct attack on Congress and the media, and
influenced public opinion vis-a-vis the US invasion of Iraq, a credible conclusion
to this case is of the highest importance.
Or does Obama want another “Warren Commission” whitewash on his watch?
Obama Veto Is Threatened on 2010 Intelligence Budget Measure
By Jeff Bliss
March 15 (Bloomberg) — President Barack Obama probably would veto legislation authorizing the next budget for U.S. intelligence agencies if it calls for a new investigation into the 2001 anthrax attacks, an administration official said.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.