No Farms, No Food!
Rally on March 15th
More than ever before, we need your help to tell the Governor and state
leaders why they have to invest in New York’s farms, food and agricultural
land. On March 15th we will deliver this message with a No Farms No Food
Rally and Lobby Day at the Capitol in Albany.
This is a critical opportunity to join New Yorkers from across our great
state to rally at the Capitol and lobby our legislators. We will hear from
state policy makers and farm, food and environmental leaders and meet
directly with legislators to talk about the critical importance of state
programs that invest in farms, food and farmland.
Who: Farmers, food advocates, environmentalists, local officials, community
groups and concerned citizens.
What: Lobby day to demonstrate the critical need for state funding and
Protects farmland for future generations
Helps farmers protect water and the environment
Increases consumer access to nutritious foods grown in New York
Strengthens the economic viability of farms
When: Monday, March 15th, 2010
10:00 to 3:00
Invited Speakers: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Meet with State Legislators: Beginning at 11:30am
Reconvene: 3:00 pm
Where: Gather in Meeting Room 1 of the Empire State Plaza Convention Center
Why: No Farms, No Food! New York’s economy needs a strong agricultural
industry. New Yorkers want nutritious foods grown close to home. Future
generations need us to help farmers protect water and productive farmland.
New York State Director
American Farmland Trust
3 Comments to ““NO FARMS, NO FOOD!” Rally in Albany, 3/15”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.