Voters: Count ballots by hand
Petition article to prohibit computerized vote counting passes
By Nick Martin
LYNDEBOROUGH – By approving a petition warrant article at Saturday’s Town Meeting, Lyndeborough voters made their town perhaps the first in the nation to formally prohibit computerized vote counting and ensure the tradition of hand counting paper ballots.
Voters approved the petition article that “prohibits vote counting concealed from human eye by method of computers.” Resident Nancy Tobi, who sponsored the petition article, said she brought the article to the town to ensure Lyndeborough would continue to count its ballots by hand, as it has for more than 200 years.
“I know that the town of Lyndeborough loves its elections and is very community oriented. I thought it would be good to be proactive and protect this piece of democracy we have in New Hampshire,” Tobi said Tuesday.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.