Here is some of my recent interview with RT’s Anastasia Churkina:
We talked for quite a while, so she was forced to cut a lot to fit their schedule. Thus this excerpt, necessarily, leaves out several things, some of which I’ll mention here:
In comparing the media’s coverage of John Edwards’s affair with Sarah Palin’s –i.e., non-stop coverage of the former (continuing this very minute) as opposed to no coverage whatsoever of the latter–I pointed out, first of all, that both stories had been broken by the National Enquirer, which makes the double standard that much more outrageous.
More importantly, I also noted, in explaining that the trashing of John Edwards has apparently been driven by a corporate animus against his economic populism, that, in January of 2008 (not long before he quit the race), Reuters came out with a piece that made it pretty clear:
(Reuters) – Ask corporate lobbyists which presidential contender is most feared by their clients and the answer is almost always the same — Democrat John Edwards.
(I don’t think that Reuters piece ran anywhere in the US.)
And, speaking of corporate lobbyists and the candidates they loved, I also had a lot to say on RT about Pres. Obama’s overall record since assuming office. The excerpt incudes none of that (or at least the part on RT’s website doesn’t), although it does include my comments on the (countless) votes that were stolen from Obama/Biden on Election Day (and their refusal to go near that taboo subject).
In any case, I was very pleased to be invited to discuss such issues on (Russian) TV, and want to thank Anastasia for setting it up, and then doing the interview.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.