Goldman Sachs’s Board Rejects Shareholder Demands To Cut Excessive Pay, Bonuses
STEVENSON JACOBS | 03/ 1/10 12:49 PM | AP
NEW YORK – Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said Monday it has rejected demands by shareholders to investigate the Wall Street bank’s compensation practices.
Shareholder lawsuits filed recently in New York and Delaware charge that Goldman’s compensation levels in 2009 were too high, Goldman said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. The lawsuits seek to recover some of the pay and force the bank to adopt pay reforms. Goldman said shareholders have made similar demands in letters to its board.
Lawmakers and shareholders sharply criticized Wall Street pay after the biggest banks lost billions of dollars on bad mortgage bets, helped cause the recession and then had to be bailed out by the government.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.