From Bob Parry (whose article is at http://www.consortiumnews.com/2010/031510.html) :
Mark, amazingly, the scene with Carter-Arafat-Brinkley apparently was worse than I portrayed it. Neither Carter nor Brinkley would consent to my interview requests, but I did speak with one of Brinkley’s friends who had discussed it with him. According to this account, Arafat was prepared to go much further in providing details, but Carter literally raised up his hands into a stop position to indicate that he did not want to hear more, presumably from a deep-seated fear of being accused of sour grapes. Brinkley did not intervene to nail down this historical information, either.
I was told that Brinkley was prepared to include this anecdote in his book, but after testing the hostile waters to the October Surprise story, he decided to drop it. Brinkley’s friend confirmed what was obvious, that Brinkley recognized the risks to his professional standing if he published something that challenged a powerful conventional wisdom.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.