the American Enterprise Instutute, apparently for his too-frank appraisal of Obama’s
health care victory as the GOP’s “Waterloo.”
His blog post here is edifying, as it shows what happens, even to a well-established
rightist, when he strays from the Official Line. (AEI is not a think tank, although it
plays one on TV: AEI is a propaganda mill, and so Frum’s fate is no surprise, as he
stomped on the message-of-the-moment.)
Rightist though he is, however, he tells us here that “[he’ll] be delivering half dozen
… lectures in China in the month of April as a guest of the US Department of State.”
Why? He’s not even an American! (He’s Canadian.)
So What Happened?
After my dismissal from AEI Thursday, I posted in this space my letter of resignation. I declined television interviews, but I did speak to print journalists about the basic facts, in a way that
expressed respect for AEI and its leadership.
I spent most of today flying from Washington to San Francisco and emerged from the plane to a fierce counter-attack, including an especially unpleasant piece from Charles Murray.
Let me respond here to some specific issues in this matter.
2 Comments to “David Frum kicked out of AEI”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.