Spitzer’s Redemption Strategy
by Lloyd Grove
Eliot Spitzer is making fresh noises about running against Senator Kirsten Gillibrand in New York. Lloyd Grove on how Client 9’s Colbert Report appearance was a big step in his return from political purgatory.
For a guy who insists he’s not plotting a comeback, Eliot Spitzer sure looks like he’s ready to run for something.
The 50-year-old former governor of New York, who quit in March 2008 after a federal investigation of a prostitution ring caught him patronizing the high-priced talent, has been working hard to repair his shattered image-this week making two back-to-back appearances in which he confronted his scandalous past head-on.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.