Having fought successfully to stack the Court with fierce judicial activists, these crackpots are now ramping up their fight against judicial activism.
Here–as if we needed it–is yet another prime example of the right’s mad projectivity, as when the closet cases rave against “the gay agenda,” election-riggers bellow about ACORN’s “voter fraud,” and on and on and on.
Conservative Judicial Group Moves into Crisis Mode
The Judicial Confirmation Network, which has been a significant conservative voice in recent Supreme Court confirmation battles, is expanding its mission and adding urgency to its name: from now on, you can call it the Judicial Crisis Network. It will take on state as well as federal judicial battles and the Department of Justice, and issues relating to limited government, a fair judiciary and the rule of law. It is keeping the same Web site.
The group launched in December 2004 and was a vocal advocate for Bush high court nominees John Roberts Jr. and Samuel Alito Jr., and a critic of Obama nominee Sonia Sotomayor. Its legal counsel Wendy Long was a frequent commentator on the confirmation debates. But the mission now is bigger.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.