Small wonder that Sonny Perdue should now be trying to turn elective posts into appointed ones, since he himself was not elected in the first place (back in 2002). Perdue “won” on the same day that Saxby Chambliss “beat” Sen. Max Cleland–and it was just as big an “upset,” and just as inexplicable, as Chambliss’s “victory.”
At the time, the line was that Perdue had “beaten” Gov. Roy Barnes because the latter had removed the Stars ‘n Bars from the state flag, infuriating Georgia’s whites. This was the sheerest speculation: “It was a hidden grudge, so private, apparently, that no polls picked it up,” wrote the New York Times’s Jeffrey Gittelman* (without irony, of course).
As has been reconfirmed long since by several sources on the record, those “upset victories” on that Election Day in Georgia had been preceded by the covert placement of illegal software patches on the e-voting machines in two Democratic-leaning counties. That operation had been personally supervised by Bob Urosevich, then-president of Diebold’s voting machine division.
And now that Diebold will be gobbled up by ES&S, and the latter will be in full control of Georgia’s electronic vote, you can rest assured that “Gov.” Perdue’s “major restructuring of state government” will be approved without a hitch when the “question” is “put to voters this fall.”
Perdue seeks a shake-up of state government
AJC Exclusive: Proposal would make 4 offices appointed, rather than elected
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.