A major local newspaper comes out against investigating “vote fraud” in its own backyard.
Editorial: Vote fraud wild goose chase doesn’t need Ohio attorney general’s participation
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, a
small group of zealots clings to the belief that
somehow the 2004 presidential election was stolen
– in Ohio.
Last week, a Columbus attorney asked Ohio
Attorney General Marc Dann to launch a criminal
investigation into alleged voter fraud. Dann
should give the request the consideration it’s
due – no more than one second – and decline.
Yes, Secretary of State Ken Blackwell did a lousy
job of overseeing the 2004 election. And he
invited criticism by serving as a chairman of
Bush’s re-election campaign. But Bush defeated
John Kerry so soundly in Ohio (118,000 votes)
that even the Democratic National Committee has
left no doubt that it believes Bush carried the
state. In fact, at least two exhaustive studies
by nonparitsan groups found a grand total of four
cases of vote fraud in the election.
No Comments to “What does the Plain Dealer have to hide?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.