Comcast Violates Net Neutrality. We Can Stop Them.
Comcast has given us a glimpse of a world without Net Neutrality, and it’s a chilling sight.
An investigation by the Associated Press caught the cable giant secretly inspecting online communications and crippling users’ ability to share information with one another.
This is a gross violation of Net Neutrality — the longstanding principle that ensures a free and open Internet.
Tell the FCC: Save the Free and Open Internet
Today, Free Press filed a legal complaint demanding that the FCC take action to protect the free flow of information on the Internet. By joining our complaint, you can help stop Comcast and other gatekeepers.
Comcast is trying to shut down these innovations and treat the Internet like cable TV — where they get to pick the channels you can watch. They’re stifling the free exchange of ideas that makes the Internet so revolutionary.Tell the FCC: Stop Comcast and Other Gatekeepers
You’re the only person who should decide where you go, what you do, and whom you connect with on the Web. Net Neutrality protects your right to choose.
Phone and cable lobbyists have called Net Neutrality “a solution in search of a problem.” Well, here’s the problem. In the past three months, incidents of censorship and blocking by Verizon, AT&T and now Comcast have made headlines around the world. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.
We stopped these gatekeepers in 2006. We can stop them for good by taking action right now. It’s time to restore Net Neutrality once and for all.
1. Read more about Comcast’s blocking BitTorrent and other peer-to peer networks at SavetheInterent.com.
Tell others about this campaign at: http://action.freepress.net/campaign/comcastviolates/forward
If you received this message from a friend, you can click here to become a Free Press activist.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.