This bill is just like that film Carrie – the bloody hand just shot up out of the ground to grab us again.
A very cursory look tells us it is nearly 100% word for word Holt re-engineered; only slightly modified. Almost not at all.
In fact, it looks like almost a complete clone, but the “ballot converter” language has been changed on page 7-8. The PDF doesn’t allow copy and paste for some reason, but they don’t talk about text conversion, ie, the means by which the requirement must be met. Now they just state the requirement outright:
“Ensures the entire process of ballot verification and vote casting is equipped for individuals with disabilities, including nonvisual and enhanced visual accessibility for the blind and visually impaired”
I don’t have the stomach to go back into the vile EAC VVSG II but I would not be surprised at all to learn that the language is exactly the same in those design specifications. So the means to achieve the requirement is already being spelled out by the EAC.
They are getting more crafty and smug in their foxholes.
Don’t let them.
No Comments to “Oops! DRE "ban" is in fact the HOLT BILL in disguise!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.