California voting switch
may boost GOP hopes
By Matthew Garrahan in Los Angeles
November 15 2007 02:00
Republican candidates are trailing Hillary
Clinton in the presidential polls but the revival
of a campaign to change the way California
allocates its 55 electoral college votes has
raised the party’s hopes for next year’s election.
The California Counts campaign, which has several
prominent Republican backers, wants to replace
the “winner-takes-all” system for electoral vote
allocation with one based on the number of
congressional districts won by each candidate.
“It would essentially give away 22 electoral
college votes that a Democrat candidate could
count on [in California],” said Steven Hill,
director of the political reform programme for
the New America Foundation, a non-partisan
No Comments to “One way for Hillary to "lose"”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.