The EAC is working hard to fail-and they’re succeeding!
Federal Oversight Agency Continues Refusal to Notify Election Administrators About Known Failures in E-Voting Systems…
If there’s a more ineffective federal agency, we’re unaware of it!
The Election Assistance Commission (EAC) was created in 2002 by the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), in large part to oversee federal certification and maintenance of e-voting systems for the entire country.
One of their key mandates was to be a “clearinghouse” for information concerning such system. Though they have been twice reprimanded by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) for their failure to set up such a clearinghouse of information concerning known problems with voting systems, another news report over the weekend confirms that they are more determined than ever to avoid any such responsibility.
Incredible comments given by EAC spokesperson Jeannie Layson, and EAC Chairwoman Donneta Davidson to the Daytona Beach News-Journal underscore the agency’s hellbent efforts to avoid any and all responsibility for alerting election officials to known failures of electronic voting systems made by private corporations such as Diebold, ES&S, Sequoia and others.
The BRAD BLOG has chronicled the short, but storied history of the EAC’s failures, compromised nature, and unwillingness to do their job over the years, but the latest comments — and subsequent lack of action — as reported yesterday by M.C. Moewe in the News-Journal are nothing short of astonishing…
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.