On Election Day, 2004, election fraud was epidemic in Ohio (and throughout the nation). Would-be Democratic voters were impeded or disabled by the thousands,
especially (though not only) in the inner cities and in college towns.
Bush/Cheney’s drive to block the vote was particularly flagrant in Gambier, Ohio, home of Kenyon College. While student voters at nearby religious schools had quite an easy time of it, Kenyon’s students had to wait for hours and hours and hours. Those long lines sooned turned out to have been purposely created, through the deliberate under-supply of working e-voting machinery to the polling sites at Kenyon. (The same thing happened all throughout the state and nationwide.)
After the election, Kenyon students wrote up an account of what they went through on that day and very late into the night. It’s called The Longest Line. As it did not receive its due attention–and as we’re heading toward another presidential race–I offer it to you for download here.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.