The permanent Republican majority: Daughter of jailed governor sees White House hand in her father’s fall
Published: Tuesday November 27, 2007
Part two of a Raw Story Investigates series on the architects and the execution of backroom Republican politics
In Part II of the RSI special investigation, The Permanent Republican Majority, the daughter of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman sits down for an exclusive interview about the familyâ€™s ordeal and her fatherâ€™s case.
To fully understand what the Don Siegelman case is about, please see â€œPart I â€“ The Political Prisonerâ€ of this series.
Throughout a week of phone and email discussions, Ms. Siegelman spoke and wrote about her fatherâ€™s conviction and imprisonment on bribery and conspiracy charges and about the continued harassment of the family and those around them. The family home was broken into. Her fatherâ€™s attorney had his office ransacked. Even the key whistleblower in the case â€“ Dana Jill Simpson â€“ had her house burned down and her car run off the road.
She maintained throughout all of these communications that Karl Rove â€“ the former White House Chief of Staff â€“ helped engineer her fatherâ€™s fate with the help of two judges and two US Attorneys.
Indeed, Republican attorney and whistleblower Simpson testified that Bush-appointed Federal Judge Mark Fuller, who presided over Siegelman’s trial, was selected in advance by Alabama Republican operatives working in concert with the US Justice Department. That department was then headed by Alberto Gonzales, who has recently resigned in disgrace.
No Comments to “Daughter of jailed governor”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.