PUNKED BY THE POST! How many times do we liberals plan to get ourselves punked by the Post?
UNSTOPPABLE CLOWNING: Luckily, it’s now official: Al Gore, and the UN’s IPCC, have won the Nobel Peace Prize -Gore for the work on global warming which culminated with the Oscar winning film, An Inconvenient Truth. God bless the Norwegian committee, which said that Gore was “the single individual who has done most” to convince world governments and leaders that global climate change is for real.
And how perfect! Showing its unfailing sense of the parameters of modern multimillionaire comedy, the Washington Post has Gore’s film out on the front page this morning:
“Al Gore’s Film Has 9 Errors, British Judge Rules in Suit.” That’s the headline on page one,promoting this news report, filed from London by Mary Jordan. How utterly silly -how stupid -is this front-page promotion? Let’s put it this way: According to Nexis, even the kooky-con Washington Times has barely bothered with the trivial nonsense the Post promotes on its front page today. Yesterday, Greg Pierce gave it five short paragraphs in his daily “Inside Politics” column -and no, it wasn’t even his lead item. But when a possibly daft British judge settled a silly school board complaint, the Post rattled Jordan out of her bed, then pimped her story on page one. By the way, when you read Jordan’s report, you will perhaps note two things. She doesn’t make the slightest attempt to say of the judge is right or wrong about the nine “errors” he thinks he has found. More specifically, you’ll note that she hasn’t asked any actual scientist to comment on the things the judge said.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.