From Bruce O’Dell:
Quite impressive sounding to the technically naive; of course, you still have to take the computer’s word for it that it is “correctly” “using” quantum encryption technology.
In this case, the “man behind the curtain” of the quantum DRE is using some very impressive jargon indeed to assure his mark that he is, “trust me”, actually casting the vote as intended.
The reported applications of quantum encryption to date involve data that can in principle be independently verified by the issuer, in environments where there is also no credible adversarial-insider threat – reportedly, communications between the Pentagon and White House are secured with quantum cryptography.
Unfortunately, unlike phone calls from the Oval Office to the Pentagon, voting transactions not only need to be both private and anonymous, they are also perhaps the most irresistible target in history for insider manipulation.
If I can independently verify to myself after the fact how my own vote was cast, I can do so for others, and can sell my vote, or it can be coerced. So, as long as votes are private and anonymous – and until humans gain the magical ability to see qubits (or “quantum bits”) as they flow through the device – a very simple lie told by the “quantum voting device” user interface display would be, as for all DREs, all that would be needed to perpetrate systematic vote fraud.
Some of the more cynical colleagues in my profession like to say, “there’s a user born every minute”.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.