As a result, the FDP has decided to attack John, and when we went to the FDP annual convention on October 27, 2007, John was attacked physically and verbally and thrown out just after walking in. I caught most of it on video, but since I was the cameraman and I have been labeled a “danger to the public” by the Florida Bar, the FDP bloggers have taken to attacking John for associating with me.
Here are links to the Fascism in Fantasyland videohttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-547222172065922876 and the St. Petersburg Times Buzz – Trouble in Paradise article and comments about John Russell being thrown out of the Democratic convention http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2007/10/trouble-in-para.html Please take a look and make a comment on the blog.
Mark A. Adams JD/MBA
_On October 27, 2007, John Russell went to the Peace Rally in Orlando, then he went to the annual Florida Democratic Party Convention. After walking in the doors carrying signs promoting John Edwards for president and saying hello to Clint Curtis’ supporters who know John from his work on election reform, Mitch Kates rushes over, pushes John, and says, “Why are you here. You weren’t invited. You have to leave.”
Then, Mitch realizes that John has supporters with him and the camera is on, and Mitch takes his overly aggressive behavior down a couple of notches. John had been invited to the convention as he is a Democrat who has worked to help Democrats get elected for years and as he won the Party’s nomination for Florida’s district 5 Congressional seat in 2006.
However, this is not the first time that John has been told that he cannot attend a Democratic function. After John confirmed the Miami Herald’s reports that former Florida Republican Party chair, Al Cardenas, had arranged to provide lobbying fees for Florida Democratic Party chair, Karen Thurman, and after John had asked why the FDP leaders had not helped him and other anti-war Democrats get elected, John was informed that he was not allowed to attend the Pasco County Democratic Party’s fundraiser.
See the Tampa Tribune article – Dark Horse Raises Fist at Democratshttp://www.tbo.com/pasco/MGB82X2KW7F.html
_Alison Morano, chair of the Pasco County Democratic Executive Committee, claims that the bar John from its fundraiser, and she is seen at the convention with Mitch Kates as he goes to throw John out of the convention. _ _FDP Communications Director Mark Bubriski told the Tampa Tribune that John showed up at FDP headquarters and started harassing staff, but you can judge for yourself after watching the video here:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2561123694081990557
_Here is video of John asking Karen Thurman about the Miami Herald article:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM1qEtNIgSM
__For more information see_ _Michael Collins’ article, “Florida Citizens Versus Party Insiders,” _http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0707/S00219.htm
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.