a fishing trip and wildlife refuge visit touting an executive order for
sport fishing and conservation measures for migratory birds. The
president’s migratory-bird plan involves asking Congress to increase tax
incentives for landowners who donate conservation easements, and also
includes a program that the administration called “recovery-credit
trading,” which is also aimed at property owners. Describing the trading
system, Bush said, “Landowners can earn recovery credits for the habitat
they improve and then they can sell those credits” — likely to federal
agencies. Bush’s executive order prohibits the sale of two fish species
prized by recreational fishers — striped bass and red drum — that are
caught within 200 nautical miles of the U.S. If this sounds familiar,
it’s because federal rules already prohibit the exact same thing. “It’s
an executive order to close two fisheries that are already closed,” said
Louis Daniels, director of North Carolina’s division of marine
fisheries. “What’s the practical implications of this? Nothing.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.