Here is a voice from the not to distant past, Susan Lindauer. She was arrested in 2004 for acting as an agent of a foreign government, Iraq, and trying to influence an American official, Andy Card, by sending him letters. He should have read the letters. The full article goes into her claims about working for US intelligence over a 10 year period, her confinement in a psychiatric ward at a federal prison for asserting a defense in her case, and her resistance to forced psychotropic mediation. This opening quotation from her 11th and final letter to Card is quite something.
The full article is at “Scoop.” Enjoy, Michael Collins
(Peermission to reprint notice also at “Scoop”)
American Cassandra – Susan Lindauer’s Story
“From a marketing point of view, you don’t introduce new products
in August” said’ Andrew Card, center, former Bush Chief of Staff, referring
to the public relaitons campaign to attack Iraq. 9/2002
Part 1 of a 2 part series
“Scoop” Independent News
Above all, you must realize that if you go ahead with this invasion, Osama bin Laden will triumph, rising from his grave or seclusion. His network will be swollen with fresh recruits, and other charismatic individuals will seek to build upon his model, multiplying those networks. And the United States will have delivered the death blow to itself. Using your own act of war, Osama and his cohort will irrevocably divide the hearts and minds of the Arab Street from moderate governments in Islamic countries that have been holding back the tide. Power to the people, what we call “democracy,” will secure the rise of fundamentalists. Susan Lindauer’s last letter to Andrew Card, January 6, 2003*
Susan Lindauer sent her eleventh and last letter on the Iraqi political situation to then Bush chief of staff Andrew Card on January 6, 2003, just two months before General Franks gave the command to invade on March 20, 2003. She’d sent ten other letters on Iraq to Card, her second cousin, over a two year period.
In her final letter she made a prophetic plea to head off the war. Through Lindauer’s back channel contacts at the Iraqi United Nations mission, Lindauer said that she’d gathered a great deal of information. She had good reasons to believe that the Iraqis were ready to offer huge concessions on inspectors and on other United States demands.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.