Blondie, Hanginâ€™ On The Telephone from 1978…
Time to hit the phones again, gang. And hit them hard.
Hans Von Spakovsky â€” yes, the same one that Jane flagged back in 2005 â€“ is up for a vote on Wednesday in the Senate Rules Committee for an appointment to the FEC (Federal Election Commission). Adam Lambert at ePluribusMedia has a three-part series on Mr. Von Spakovsky and why he is utterly wrong for America. And in this DKos diary, Adam covers a potential backroom deal with Reid and Schumer on allowing the Von Spakovsky nomination throughâ€¦sense my disgust. Maha covers a McClatchey piece and some other background on Von Spakovskyâ€™s minority voter suppression activities. BradBlog has even more on the voter suppression nastiness. ThinkProgress has a letter from six former DOJ employees imploring the Rules Committee to vote â€œNOâ€ on this nomination, for all our sakes.
And Digby has a run-down on Spakovsky, the Rules committee, the politics in playâ€¦and the best headline of the bunch. And if that isnâ€™t enough, Working Assets has even more on the odious Mr. Von Spakovsky.
Hereâ€™s the Rules Committee membership list, direct dial numbers, and some toll free ones as well:
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) (202) 224-3841
Robert Bennett (R-UT) (202) 224-5444
Robert C. Byrd (D-WV) (202) 224-3954
Ted Stevens (R-AK) (202) 224-3004
Daniel K. Inouye (D-HI) (202) 224-3934
Mitch McConnell (R-KY) (202) 224-2541
Christopher J. Dodd (D-CT) (202) 224-2823
Thad Cochran (R-MS) (202) 224-5054
Charles E. Schumer (D-NY) (202) 224-6542
Trent Lott (R-MS) (202) 224-6253
Richard J. Durbin (D-IL) (202) 224-2152
Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) (202) 224-5922
E. Benjamin Nelson (D-NE) (202) 224-6551
C. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) (202) 224-3521
Harry Reid (D-NV) (202) 224-3542
Patty Murray (D-WA) (202) 224-2621
Lamar Alexander (R-TN) (202) 224-4944
Chuck Hagel (R-NE) (202) 224-4224
Mark L. Pryor (D-AR) (202) 224-2353
Toll-free numbers to the switchboard (via katymine):
1 (800) 828 – 0498
1 (800) 459 – 1887
1 (800) 614 – 2803
1 (866) 340 – 9281
1 (866) 338 – 1015
1 (877) 851 – 6437
You can see why I want you to hit the phones, canâ€™t you? Please, for the love of all that is the rule of law and the Constitution, call these people today. I beg you. No, Hans Von Spakovsky. Justâ€¦NO.
PS â€” Per perrisâ€™ request, if everyone could please be sure to call Harry Reidâ€™s office on this one, Iâ€™d appreciate it. Thanks!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.