The dirty trick campaign to steal the White House is dead. They stared in the face of tens of thousands of activists from around the country and turned and ran… for now.
The dirty tricksters were driven into disarray and defeat by you. They lost their funders. They started in-fighting. People resigned their positions, all because of the pressure you placed on them. The Los Angeles Times just broke the news that they are officially “pulling the plug” on their attempt to steal the presidential election. According to the Times, the dirty tricksters no longer have the capacity to put an initiative on the ballot to take 20 of California’s electoral votes.
Frankly, it is hard to trust that. Knowing the right-wing like we do, it is crucial that we stay tuned and plugged in. This dirty trick could roar back to life, or they could find a new way to steal the White House. There is always a dirty trick up their sleeves.
That said, this is a huge victory that deserves to be celebrated. The grassroots and the netroots came together, in a show of strength and right-wing backed down.
So spend the weekend and do that, because come Monday, it is time to get to work. It’s time to stop playing defense and start playing offense. There is so much that we can accomplish together. I can’t wait to get started.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.