HR 811 vote this week–Tell Congress NO!
Please Call Congress and urge your Representative to Vote NO on HR 811
Capitol Hill Switchboard: 202-224-3121
HR 811 will be voted in the House this week!
HR 811 uses the term “paper ballot” to refer to a voter-verified paper trail. This is intended to confuse you and gain your support.
HR 811 does not ban DREs — BUT it should!
HR 811 does not require a “voter-marked paper ballot”-BUT it should:
  • Paper trails are no substitute for ballots that voters can mark directly!
  • Paper trails are not counted on election night!

HR 811 requires only 3-10% recounts of the paper trail. That leaves at least 90% of tallies uncounted. We’ll have to “trust” that the computers worked right and all invisible counting was accurate and honest!
Please Act Now, the vote could happen tomorrow.
For more information:
Progressive Democrats of America is a grassroots PAC that works both inside the Democratic Party and outside in movements for peace and justice. Our goal: Extend the victory of Nov. 2006 into a permanent, progressive majority. PDA’s advisory board includes seven members of Congress and activist leaders such as Tom Hayden, Medea Benjamin, Cindy Sheehan and Rev. Lennox Yearwood. More info:
Authorized and Paid for by Progressive Democrats of America.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.

Post comment

Forbidden Bookshelf

Forbidden Bookshelf

“While We Were Sleeping”

While We Were Sleeping is an urgent call to save Greenwich Village from New York University's uncontrolled expansion.

Click here to donate to NYUFASP and receive a copy of "While We Were Sleeping: NYU and the Destruction of New York" (minimum donation to receive a book is $10 plus $8 shipping).

Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD

About News From Underground

News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.

If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:

Help News From Underground!

Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."

Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to:

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Popular Posts


Need a bigger font size?

Sponsored Links

  • Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.