MAIN NEWS HEADLINES
September 20 – September 27, 2007 Edition
Indie Publisher Starts
Imprint by Political Critic
Mark Crispin Miller
NEW YORK, NY/9/19/2007–Ig Publishing, an independent publisher based in Brooklyn, has commissioned popular political critic Mark Crispin Miller to edit a new line of books called the MCM Series. Ig publishes original literary fiction and political and cultural nonfiction, with an emphasis on books that come out of the progressive netroots movement.
Miller is probably best known for his leftist political book, Fooled Again: How the Right Stole the 2004 Election & Why They’ll Steal the Next One Too (Unless We Stop Them) . He is also the author of Boxed In: The Culture of Television, The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder (Norton), Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney’s New World Order, and has written a play titled A Patriot Act.
In early 2008, Ig will release Miller’s first acquisition, Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy 2000â€“2008, an anthology about election fraud. Elizabeth Clementson is publisher and Robert Lasner is editor-in-chief.
No Comments to “Indie Publisher Starts Imprint by Political Critic”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.