CLINTON JOINS OTHER MAJOR CANDIDATES
SUPPORTING UNIVERSAL HEALTH INDUSTRY SUBSIDY
The spin groupies in the corporate media are once again letting a major
Democratic presidential candidate get away with falsely identifying
their health plan as universal healthcare. Yes, Hillary Clinton’s plan
is universal but it is – like the plans of Edwards and Obama – a
universal health industry subsidy.
None of the top three are willing to end the cruel and useless American
approach to healthcare in which health insurance companies pointlessly
profit from citizen’s needs to cover ever rising medical costs.
The simple and wisest solution is single payer healthcare – similar to
the highly successful Medicare program for seniors – but the big guys
won’t touch it, leaving the cause to people like Dennis Kucinich and
John Conyers, Greens and major labor unions.
Clinton et al are using the power of the federal government to guarantee
the continued profits of predator insurance companies. That’s not only
the wrong approach, it’s despicable.
BEST SUMMARY OF CANDIDATE’S HEALTH CARE PLANS
By Rose Ann DeMoro
The Huffington Post — September 18, 2007
Clinton did learn a lesson from her 1994 fiasco on
healthcare reform. Unfortunately for most of us who
don’t have an Inc. after our name or a private jet to
cart us around, it was the wrong lesson.
In the days leading up to the announcement of her
latest, much anticipated health plan, Sen. Clinton
threw around the word “consensus” a lot. In this case,
the consensus she was seeking was with the same
industry that so savaged her prior experience with
This time, she apparently wants to soften them up in
advance with a proposal that will generate hundreds of
millions of dollars in additional profits for the
insurance giants. It’s probably not a coincidence that
she is also the top recipient of healthcare sector
contributions to her presidential campaign.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.