This monthly series hosted by author and activist Mark Crispin Miller features authors whose books tackle political and public issues from a stance outside the mainstream. This month’s discussion has been moved from the first to the last Tuesday of the month in order to make it possible to host Scott Ritter, former Marine and UN weapons inspector and a strongly persuasive voice in the anti-war movement. Ritter’s new bookWaging Peace argues that there is a growing despondency amongst the anti-war movement, and proposes the movement seek guidance from sources they normally spurn – that one must study the “enemy” in order to learn the art of campaigning and of waging battles when necessary. Taking examples from Sun Tzu, Napoleon and other masters of the art of war, Ritter proposes a new strategy for success in fighting against war itself.
NOTE:Yes, it’s going to be on C-SPAN.
No Comments to “Scott Ritter in NYC!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.