understands the fundamental technology issues, an interview with Michael
Shameless (oops, I meant “Shamos”, my bad) is an exercise in maddening lies
and disinformation – it was painful to watch. And as you might expect from
someone who has made a substantial consulting income “certifying” voting
machines since 1984 – rather than fulfilling the ethical imperative to
advocate they be banned – he utterly ignores the vast catalog of proven
vulnerabilities, and Rather let him get away with it.
Still, Rather does seem to question the optimism about whether a techno-fix
is possible in his next segment; by making the case the Sequoia punch card
technology was deliberately subverted – like the quality of the ES&S touch
screens was deliberately subverted – it certainly supports his final point
that “trust us” is an unreasonable request when it comes to voting
Rather does not quite take the final logical steps, of course – to openly
call into question the outcome of recent elections, as well as the obvious
step of banning the machines – but in terms of his mainstream media peers,
I’ll give him a “C+”. Even if imperfect, every one of these reports helps
to shift the center of gravity of public awareness a little closer to the
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.