Cheney helped force Rove out
by Jackson Thoreau
Dick Cheney helped force George W. Bush to finally agree to dump top aide Karl Rove, sources say.
Cheney and Rove have engaged in a mostly behind-the-scenes feud since the indictment of Cheney’s top aide, Lewis “Scooter” Libby, in 2005. Rove was included as “Official A” in the indictment who also leaked information to key media members to try to discredit Iraqi war critic Joseph Wilson.
Rove did not get indicted after giving depositions five times in the investigation and changing some of his statements.
Cheney, who reportedly masterminded the vendetta campaign against Wilson himself, thought that Rove blamed the scandal on Libby, who he considered a scapegoat. Rove and Cheney have been at each other’s throats since.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.