Activists Wanted Decertification
State decides to secure electronic voting machines
By Jordan Rau and Hector Becerra, LA Times Staff Writers
August 4, 2007
SACRAMENTO — Expressing concern that several brands of electronic voting
machines used in California were vulnerable to tampering, Secretary of State
Debra Bowen late Friday ordered new security protections be added and
limited the use of two types of machines that were to be used in next year’s
elections in several Southern California counties.
Bowen also withdrew state approval of the InkaVote Plus machines used in Los
Angeles County, saying that the machines’ maker, Election Systems and
Software, had failed to submit its equipment to her office in time to
analyze its vulnerability to hacking.
She said her office would examine the InkaVote machines and expressed
optimism that they would win approval in time to be used in next year’s
elections, but did not say what would happen if the machines failed her
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.