WashPo and Time Help ABC Bury Treatment of Kucinich
Following last Sunday’s Democratic presidential debate on ABC News’ This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Dennis Kucinich’s campaign asked ABC News to address issues it had with treatment Rep. Kucinich (D-Ohio) received both during the debate and afterward in ABC’s online coverage. In an email sent out to supporters on Wednesday, the campaign said it “submitted objections and inquiries to ABC News representatives on Monday and Tuesday. ABC News representatives have failed to respond – or even acknowledge – those objections and inquiries.” I confirmed with the Kucinich campaign yesterday that it has subsequently been forwarded the same response ABC News Executive Director Andrea Jones sent to The Washington Post and Time magazine.
ABC News representatives felt it necessary to answer the Kucinich campaign’s objections when Time magazine’s National Political Correspondent Karen Tumulty queried them. Writing on the Time blog Swampland, Tumulty initially says of the Kucinich team’s issues with ABC’s treatment (which included Kucinich not having a chance to speak until 28 minutes into the debate), “These all seemed like fair complaints to me, so I asked ABC News to respond.” Then Tumulty says, “In an e-mail, Executive Director Andrea Jones answered him [Kucinich] point by point.”
While I give Tumulty credit for contacting ABC News, her investigative journalism unfortunately ends there. Once she receives the email from Jones, Tumulty slips into stenography mode. Jones’ “point by point” response to the Kucinich campaign’s complaints does not in itself exculpate or dispel any of ABC’s wrongdoing. Tumulty fails to assess the accuracy and logic of Jones’ answers.
No Comments to “ABC shafts Kucinich, Time and WashPo cover it up”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.