The president has the power of the pardon (and commutation) EXCEPT in cases of impeachment. Article 2, section 2 of the Constitution, provides, in part, “[The president] shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” Because Bush pardoned Libby fearing the little worm’s anticipated cooperation in order to avoid prison time, and because that cooperation would have implicated Bush and Cheney, leading directly to their impeachment, it is plain that Bush’s commutation of Libby’s sentence is unconstitutional and itself amounts to an impeachable offense. — WEB
No Comments to “Was Bush's move UNCONSTITUTIONAL?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.