First there was the news of Ann Coulter’s voter fraud in Florida–a
rap that AP has reported, wrongly, she just beat. And now here’s another
one in North Carolina.
Congressman McHenry’s Campaign Aide Indicted
Posted by Michael Rey
By Laura Strickler and Michael Rey
The CBS News Investigative Unit has learned a man who was a field
coordinator in Congressman Patrick McHenry’s (R-NC) 2004 campaign has
been indicted for voter fraud in North Carolina.
The indictment charges that Michael Aaron Lay, 26, illegally cast his
ballot in two 2004 Congressional primary run-offs in which McHenry
was a candidate. The charges indicate that Lay voted in a district
where it was not legal for him to vote.
At the time Lay was listed as a resident in a home owned by
32-year-old McHenry but campaign records indicate Lay’s paychecks
were sent to an address in Tennessee. McHenry won the primary by only
86 votes. According to Gaston County, North Carolina District
Attorney Locke Bell, Lay was indicted on Monday, May 7 by a local
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.