The real fun for debate host Chris Matthews — it was his first ever presidential debate, by the way — came afterward. He and his “Hardball” gang, including MSNBC Vice President Tammy Haddad and a few national political reporters, went to dinner at a restaurant called Tuscany in Westlake Village, Calif., where they bumped into the hunk of the ’80s, actor Tom Selleck.
Selleck was on his way out, but he stopped and chatted with Matthews. After he left, Selleck called the restaurant and bought a nice bottle of Meritage for Matthews’s table, which included Washington Post political correspondent Dan Balz, Politico columnist Roger Simon and Newsweek’s Howard Fineman, among others.
The hunk of the debate, however, was James Denton, the actor who plays the sexy plumber/handyman on “Desperate Housewives.” Denton was there as Haddad’s guest. She invited him after hearing that he had told folks at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington a few weeks ago that “Hardball” was his favorite show.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.