CO state worker sells voter data to GOP, Sec. of State investigating
by Todd Johnston
Fri May 04, 2007 at 04:52:04 PM EST
As reported last night, a technology manager in the Elections
Division of Colorado’s Secretary of State’s office was selling
Colorado voter data to GOP candidates.
Daniel J. Kopelman of Aurora, CO, whose duties include oversight and
maintenance of the state’s master voter registration database, was
offering “GOP campaign help” in the form of voter and “fresh”
fundraising lists at the web site of his privately-owned company
Political Live Wires.
In response to ePluribus Media’s inquiries, a spokesperson for Sec.
of State Mike Coffman stated that his office had no knowledge of
Kopelman’s “side business” and saw his actions as a “conflict of
interest.” Furthermore, upon learning of Kopelman’s activities,
Deputy Sec. of State William A. Hobbs met with the state’s voter
database manager and directed him to take down his web site.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.