As if we didn’t know. And the EAC doesn’t want to know….
BREAKING: Federal Election Agency Plays Politics with Voter ID Study
by Project Vote, Fri Mar 30, 2007 at 05:05:59 PM EST
US Election Assistance Agency releases but fails to endorse report finding voter ID requirements reduce turnout.
By Michael Slater and Nathan Henderson-James
The US EAC tasked with, among other things, serving as a clearinghouse for election research decided to play politics today with the release of a study documenting the impact of voter identification requirements on voting. The study, conducted jointly by the Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University and the Moritz College of Law at Ohio State University for the US Election Assistance Commission (EAC), found that documentary ID requirements lower voter turnout, particularly for minority voters. Researchers examined voting in the 2004 election. Several states have adopted more stringent voter ID requirements since 2004.
The EAC, however, despite commissioning the study and setting the guidelines for its completion took the unusual step of declining to endorse it.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.