The Right to Count: Democracy v. Electronic Voting,
a documentary by Richard Van Slyke,
reviewed by Joan Brunwasser, Voting Integrity Editor, OpEdNews March 26, 2007
The latest to come out regarding the Sarasota “lost 18,000” is pretty shocking, even for someone as jaded as I am. Apparently, ES&S sent a letter to the chief of the state’s Bureau of Voting Systems Certifications laying out the parameters by which the state should conduct the audit of ES&S’s own machines. Talk about the fox in the chicken coop! Here is the link to the article:http://www.bradblog.com/?p=4321#more-4321. This brings us to several questions that are essential for us – as a purportedly democratic nation – to seriously consider. Who is running this show? What are elections for? Whom do they serve?
The Right to Count examines the evolution of our elections and asks the pivotal question of whether our present system properly serves our citizens and our democracy. While you may not understand each and every term that they toss around, you’ll certainly get the underlying message that we are in deep, deep trouble. Van Slyke’s documentary is a welcome addition to the mounting evidence of major election meltdowns since electronic voting has taken over. The film is packed with information that every voter should have while formulating an opinion on election reform.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.