April 24, 2007
SDD threat to health of U.S. elections
By Michael Richardson
Software Driven Devices [SDD] endanger the health of U.S. elections in a way that no previous technology has been able to threaten.
The manufacturers of SDD technology have blinded the public to the danger with an overload of jargon–DRE, Op Scans, VVPAT, etc. Efforts in the “voting integrity” movement have focused on the DRE threat with its touch-screen technology complete without any recount ability. Some argue instead that optical scanners are the way to count ballots since a recount would then be possible.
In the end however, there are only two ways to count ballots–by SDD or by hand. While the SDD vendors offer different levels of technology and complexity, all SDD options include the danger of malicious self-deleting software. No SDD has yet been built that cannot be hacked or infected with a virus.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.