Dear Mayor Giuliani:
Since you have based your presidential campaign almost exclusively on
your reaction to terrorist attacks on New York City, and since you
have recently accused Democrats of being on the defense against
terrorism and therefore guilty of inviting more casualties, I have
one question for you: Where were you on terrorism between January 31,
2001, and September 11th?
The first date was when the U.S. Commission on National Security/21st
Century issued its final report warning, as did its previous reports,
of the danger of terrorist attacks on America. The George W. Bush
administration did nothing about these warnings and we lost 3,000
American lives. What did you do during those critical eight months?
Where were you? Were you on the defensive, or were you even paying
Before you qualify to criticize Democrats, Mr. Giuliani, you must
account for your preparation of your city for these clearly predicted
attacks. Tell us, please, what steps you took to make your city safer.
Until you do, then I strongly suggest you should keep your mouth shut
about Democrats and terrorism.
You have not qualified to criticize others, let alone be president of
the United States.
(co-chair, U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century)
P.S. You might ask these same questions of George W. Bush while you
are trying to find a better reason to run for president.
No Comments to “Gary Hart smacks Rudy "9/11" Giuliani”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.