People for the American Way (PFAW) is Misleading Americans on the Holt Election Reform Bill and My Position on It
PFAW Website ‘Democracy Campaign FAQ’ Mischaracterizes my View on ‘Paper Trails’ and Dishonestly Represents a Host of Related Issues
AN OPEN LETTER DEMANDING RETRACTION AND CORRECTION ON THE FACTS ABOUT MY POSITION, ELECTION REFORM AND DANGEROUS DRE VOTING SYSTEMS…
I’m sorry to have to keep banging this drum. I truly am. But it must be done, as People for the American Way (PFAW) continues to not only mislead the public about the Holt Election Reform Bill (HR811) and dangerous, disenfranchising DRE touch-screen voting technology, but they are now apparently also misleading about my position on the issue, by name.
I sent the following via email to PFAW’s lead Election Policy attorney, David Becker, today along with CC’s to Executive Director Ralph Neas, and a number of other Election Integrity organizations.
I would urge you to read the letter below, and contact PFAW with your own concerns and demand that they immediately stop misleading members of Congress and the public alike about the most important issue of our day.
PFAW’s support of the Holt bill is currently the lynchpin, for Congress and a number of powerful organizations, concerning whether or not it will be passed as is, or whether much-needed amendments — most notably, one that immediately bans the use of dangerous, disenfranchising, unverifiable DRE voting systems, with or without a so-called useless “paper trail” — will move forward in Congress.
You can contact PFAW right here:
Telephone: 202-467-4999 or 800-326-7329
Please don’t wait for someone else to do it!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.