The elections should be taking place today, but as of 3 this morning, the elections channel on NYUHome said that the online polls were closed.
WSN reported yesterday that Dolgin disbanded the five-member Elections Committee, which oversees council elections, and restaffed it with three members – herself and two close allies on the council. Dolgin did not notify the rest of the council about her actions.
WSN also reported that four senior council members say Dolgin has used her influence to push political opponents out of the race.
Throughout the meeting, those four council members – Vice President Megan Cruz, Student Affairs Chair Jenny Shen, former Elections Committee member Jeremy Troxel and Freshmen Representative Katy Leoni – frequently sparred verbally with Dolgin and her supporters.
No Comments to “Bush/Cheney's moral influence”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.